The company operates a warehouse where produce is stored before being shipped out to various segments of the food industry. SGS runs evaporators 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to maintain optimal produce cold-storage temperatures in the warehouse.
Running evaporator fan motors 24/7 for 365 days a year results in a huge energy bill. The cost of energy has been skyrocketing for the past 5 years, so clients like SGS president, Carole Shandler are always looking for ways to reduce expenses at their facilities.
We prepared a savings analysis and found that by retrofitting the evaporator coils in one of their coolers with Frigitek™ Controllers & 1.5 HP EC Motors, SGS will save approximately $225,000 in the next five years. LADWP’s Frigitek™ incentive of $27,547.45 allowed this project to pay for itself in less than 6 months.
WHY FRIGITEK™ IS THE RIGHT SOLUTION
Frigitek™ motor controllers function by sensing the operational status of the cooling system and controlling the speed of the evaporator fans. By operating the fans at a low-speed when no cooling is called for, the fans circulate about 40% as much as normal and use only 10% as much energy without impacting cooling requirements. The addition of either the Frigitek™ Single or 3-Phase motor controller to an evaporator will increase energy savings by approximately 50% over what EC motors alone will provide.
For more information on Frigitek™ Electronically Commuted (EC) Motors and Controllers and how Carlisle Energy can save you money, please contact us directly at (714) 684-1766.